Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rutgers Camden Class

I am happy to say that for the second year in a row, I had the honor of teaching Alan Espiritu's Graphic Design class in Rutger's Camden! The class was actually huge, about 22 people. These are the final pictures. I taught them a basic case binding sewn on tapes. It was a lot of work - 4 hours for what's normally a 2 hour class! But all the students were great sports about it. Everyone's books turned out great! Thanks for the wonderful opportunity, Alan and Rutgers!


Students putting finishing touches on a book.


Gotta get that paste in there!


Working it in...


Finished product - mini book.


Two finished books stand side by side.


The classes' books, and mine. Can you guess which one I made?

I have to post something pretty important: there were a lot of protests going on at Rutgers while I was there. There is a proposed merger of the Rutgers Camden campus into Rowan. The students are not happy about it, and neither am I. The state of New Jersey is treating Education like a Business. There are faculty and students at risk here. They love their school and chose to go to RUTGERS, not to ROWAN. Nothing against Rowan, but it seems like a mess for everyone involved. To get more information, google or visit the following:

http://savejersey.com/2012/02/save-rutgers-how-the-merger-could-happen-and-how-it-could-be-stopped/

Everyone from Jersey: be sure to write your local  legislator and say that this merger should be STOPPED.

And, lastly, if you ever interested in learning any bindings from me, contact me and I'll be happy to set up a class with you.

EDIT: GET INVOLVED, SIGN THE PETITION
We need 10,000 signatures and are at the time of this post at 9052. Come on guys we can do it!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment