Sunday, January 8, 2012

Memorial Cards

So, some unfortunate news...my grandmother passed away due to a sudden heart attack. She was with my family and I during the holiday season. She did get to see the album I made her and she loved it. That comforts me. I made some service cards.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate traditional service cards. A corny saying a prayer and picture of a saint are supposed to help you remember and mourn your relative? I don't think so. I decided handmade was the route to go with this one.



She and my grandfather used to own a sailboat, so that accounts for the nautical theme, and salmon was her favorite color. The anchor is heat embossed in silver. A bit of twine adds an unexpected 3D element that I hope is tastefully inserted, and also ties into the nautical theme. I rounded the corners. For those who can't see it, the quote reads "I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship." The picture is of my grandmother and grandfather, taken about 5-6 years ago. They are together now. I'm sure she would have loved them, and for that matter, I hope you guys do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment