Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Musings


Above: Art Tank.

Is Sotheby's selling illegally acquired Ancient Cambodian art? The NYC D.A. seems to be taking this seriously.

Next: NYTimes did a great article on gaming. A bit long but definitely worth the read.

One of my favorite blogs, The Hairpin, had an artist go to a Toy Fair. Great sketches in that one.

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." What makes a quote memorable?

Thomas Kinkade is dead! What am I going to do? Jerry Saltz has a great eulogy.

Can you predict what will be a memorable quote?

I've seen a few articles tackling this recently, but this is a pretty good timeline of the life of the American/Japanese arcade.

Gertrude Stein's Politics. Great Read.

Ever wonder what New Aesthetic is, and what it means? This is an amazing essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment